Basic materials stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.5% higher, the Nasdaq rose 0.6% and the S&P 500 increased 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is up 3.3% today and up 27.0% in the last month.
- Enpro Industries (NPO): NPO stock is up 2.3% today.
- Commercial Metals Company (CMC): CMC stock is up 2.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Domtar Corp (UFS): UFS stock is up 1.9% today.
- RBC Bearings Inc (ROLL): ROLL stock is up 1.8% today.
- Glatfelter (GLT): GLT stock is up 1.8% today.
- Freeport-Mcmoran Copper & Gold (FCX): FCX stock is up 1.8% to a new 52-week high of $38.51.
- Trex Company (TREX): TREX stock is up 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Owens-Illinois (OI): OI stock is up 1.6% today.
- Murphy USA Inc. Common Stock Wh (MUSA): MUSA stock is up 1.6%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Only one stock in the basic materials sectors showed losses:
- Intrepid Potash Inc (IPI): IPI stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.