Basic materials stocks remained flat so far on Friday on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed the same, the Nasdaq increased 0.2% and the S&P 500 was steady.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Royal Gold (RGLD): RGLD stock is up 1.9% today.
- Iamgold Corp (IAG): IAG stock is up 1.8% today.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is up 1.9% today.
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is up 1.5% today.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is up 1.6% today and up 37.5% in the last month.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is up 1.9% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is up 1.7% today.
- Green Plains Renewable Energy (GPRE): GPRE stock is up 1.6% to a new 52-week high of $35.70.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is up 1.6% today and up 26.2% in the last month.
- Alcoa Inc (AA): AA stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is down 2.3% today.
- Pohang Iron & Steel Co. (PKX): PKX stock is down 1.9% today.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is down 1.1% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is down 1.3% today.
- Mueller Water Products (MWA): MWA stock is down 1.4% today.
- Leucadia National Corp (LUK): LUK stock is down 1.0% today.
- Compass Minerals Intl Inc (CMP): CMP stock is down 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Globe Specialty Metals Inc (GSM): GSM stock is down 0.9% today.
- Worthington Industries (WOR): WOR stock is down 0.9% today.
- Rio Tinto Plc (RIO): RIO stock is down 0.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.