Basic materials stocks declined 0.2% on Wall Street on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.2%, the Nasdaq declined 0.3% and the S&P 500 was down 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Rio Tinto Plc (RIO): RIO stock is up 1.1% today.
- Cf Industries Holdings (CF): CF stock is up 0.8% today.
- Bhp Billiton Plc (BBL): BBL stock is up 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Nucor Corp (NUE): NUE stock is up 0.8% today.
- Sealed Air Corp (SEE): SEE stock is up 0.7% today.
- Ball Corp (BLL): BLL stock is up 0.6% today.
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is up 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Cabot Corp (CBT): CBT stock is up 0.6% today.
- Aptargroup (ATR): ATR stock is up 0.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Parker-Hannifin Corp (PH): PH stock is up 0.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Hecla Mining Company (HL): HL stock is down 3.9% today.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is down 3.4% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is down 3.3% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is down 3.3% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is down 2.9% today.
- Greif Bros. Corp (GEF): GEF stock is down 2.6% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Newmont Mining Corp (NEM): NEM stock is down 2.5% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is down 2.4% today.
- Ferro Corp (FOE): FOE stock is down 2.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is down 2.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.