Basic materials stocks advanced 0.2% on Wall Street on Monday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.5%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.4% and the S&P 500 increased 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is up 4.8% today.
- Methanex Corp (MEOH): MEOH stock is up 3.7% today.
- Green Plains Renewable Energy (GPRE): GPRE stock is up 1.9% to a new 52-week high of $37.16.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is up 2.6% today.
- Ternium S.A. (TX): TX stock is up 1.9% today.
- Sun Hydraulics Corp (SNHY): SNHY stock is up 1.7% today.
- Arcelormittal (MT): MT stock is up 1.7% today.
- Fibria Celulose S.A. (FBR): FBR stock is up 1.6% today.
- Glatfelter (GLT): GLT stock is up 1.1% today.
- Encore Wire Corp (WIRE): WIRE stock is up 1.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- First Majestic Silver (AG): AG stock is down 6.4% today.
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd (HMY): HMY stock is down 4.6% today.
- Aurico Gold Inc (AUQ): AUQ stock is down 3.3% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is down 3.7% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is down 3.0% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is down 2.8% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is down 2.8% today.
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is down 3.0% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is down 2.9% today.
- Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW): SLW stock is down 2.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.