Basic materials stocks declined on Wall Street so far on Thursday, down 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.2%, the Nasdaq was down 0.1% and the S&P 500 declined 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Sherwin-Williams Company (SHW): SHW stock is up 3.2% today.
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is up 3.1% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is up 2.3% today and up 20.8% in the last month.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is up 1.9% today.
- Royal Gold (RGLD): RGLD stock is up 2.0% today.
- Stillwater Mining Company (SWC): SWC stock is up 1.2% today.
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is up 1.0% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is up 1.0% today.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is up 0.9% today.
- Mueller Industries (MLI): MLI stock is up 0.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Sonoco Products Company (SON): SON stock is down 2.1% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is down 2.2% today.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is down 2.0% today.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is down 2.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Simpson Manufacturing Company (SSD): SSD stock is down 2.1% today.
- Sociedad Quimica Y Minera S.A. (SQM): SQM stock is down 1.5% today.
- Mueller Water Products (MWA): MWA stock is down 1.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is down 1.4% today.
- Albany International Corp (AIN): AIN stock is down 1.4% today.
- Dover Corp (DOV): DOV stock is down 1.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.