Basic materials stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.1%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.6% higher and the S&P 500 was up 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is up 3.2% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW): SLW stock is up 2.7% today.
- Hecla Mining Company (HL): HL stock is up 2.7% today.
- First Majestic Silver (AG): AG stock is up 2.0% today.
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd (HMY): HMY stock is up 1.9% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is up 1.7% today and up 20.8% in the last month.
- Westlake Chemical Corp (WLK): WLK stock is up 1.5% today.
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is up 1.5% today.
- Steel Dynamics (STLD): STLD stock is up 1.2% today.
- Kapstone Paper and Packaging Corp (KS): KS stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Monsanto Company (MON): MON stock is down 1.4% today.
- Methanex Corp (MEOH): MEOH stock is down 1.1% today.
- Cvr Partners LP Common Units R (UAN): UAN stock is down 1.1% today.
- Cameco Corp (CCJ): CCJ stock is down 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Ternium S.A. (TX): TX stock is down 0.9% today.
- Raven Industries (RAVN): RAVN stock is down 0.9% today.
- Stepan Company (SCL): SCL stock is down 0.9% today.
- Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (SMG): SMG stock is down 0.9% today.
- Innophos Holdings (IPHS): IPHS stock is down 0.7% today.
- Mrc Global Inc (MRC): MRC stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.