Capital goods stocks advanced 0.5% on Wall Street so far on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.2%, the Nasdaq rose 0.3% and the S&P 500 was up 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Aecom Technology Corp (ACM): ACM stock is up 3.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Flir Systems (FLIR): FLIR stock is up 1.3% today.
- Raytheon Company (RTN): RTN stock is up 1.1% today.
- Northrop Grumman Corp (NOC): NOC stock is up 1.1% today.
- General Dynamics Corp (GD): GD stock is up 1.2% today.
- Urs Corp (URS): URS stock is up 1.4% today and up 31.2% in the last month.
- United Technologies Corp (UTX): UTX stock is up 1.1% today.
- Rockwell Collins (COL): COL stock is up 1.0% today.
- Triumph Group (TGI): TGI stock is up 1.0% today.
- Granite Construction Inc (GVA): GVA stock is up 1.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Fastenal Company (FAST): FAST stock is down 0.8%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- NVR Inc (NVR): NVR stock is down 0.3% today.
- KB Home (KBH): KBH stock is down 0.5% today.
- Terex Corp (TEX): TEX stock is down 0.8% today.
- Manitowoc Company (MTW): MTW stock is down 0.6% today.
- Ryland Group (RYL): RYL stock is down 0.4% today.
- U.S. Silica Holdings Inc (SLCA): SLCA stock is down 0.4% today.
- Eagle Materials Inc (EXP): EXP stock is down 0.4% today.
- Agco Corp (AGCO): AGCO stock is down 0.5% today.
- Pultegroup (PHM): PHM stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.