Capital goods stocks rose 0.4% on Wall Street on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.4%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.6% higher and the S&P 500 climbed 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Standard Pacific LP (SPF): SPF stock is up 2.3% today.
- Exelis Inc. Common Stock New Wh (XLS): XLS stock is up 2.1% today.
- NVR Inc (NVR): NVR stock is up 2.0% today.
- Lennar Corp (LEN.B): LEN.B stock is up 2.0% today.
- M.D.C. Holdings (MDC): MDC stock is up 2.0% today.
- Chart Industries (GTLS): GTLS stock is up 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Lindsay Corp (LNN): LNN stock is up 1.7% today.
- Tenaris S.A. (TS): TS stock is up 1.7% today.
- Eagle Materials Inc (EXP): EXP stock is up 1.6% today.
- Vulcan Materials Company (VMC): VMC stock is up 1.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- AAR Corp (AIR): AIR stock is down 1.3% today.
- Gencorp Inc (GY): GY stock is down 0.5% today.
- Colfax Corp (CFX): CFX stock is down 0.4% today.
- Orbital Sciences Corp (ORB): ORB stock is down 0.3% today.
- Pentair Ltd (PNR): PNR stock is down 0.2% today.
- Manitowoc Company (MTW): MTW stock is down 0.2% today.
- Fastenal Company (FAST): FAST stock is down 0.2% today.
- Caterpillar Inc (CAT): CAT stock is down 0.2% today.
- Alliant Techsystems Inc (ATK): ATK stock is down 0.1% today.
- Beacon Roofing Supply (BECN): BECN stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.