Capital goods stocks declined 0.3% on Wall Street on Wednesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was unchanged, the Nasdaq increased 0.2% and the S&P 500 was steady.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Trinity Industries (TRN): TRN stock is up 3.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Urs Corp (URS): URS stock is up 1.1%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Altra Holdings (AIMC): AIMC stock is up 0.6% today.
- Timken Company (TKR): TKR stock is up 1.0% today.
- Headwaters Inc (HW): HW stock is up 1.2% today.
- Astronics Corp (ATRO): ATRO stock is up 0.6% today.
- SPX Corp (SPW): SPW stock is up 1.1% to a new 52-week high of $110.64.
- Gencorp Inc (GY): GY stock is up 0.4% today.
- Terex Corp (TEX): TEX stock is up 0.8% today.
- Quanta Services (PWR): PWR stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Martin Marietta Materials (MLM): MLM stock is down 2.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Vulcan Materials Company (VMC): VMC stock is down 1.2% today.
- Elbit Systems Ltd (ESLT): ESLT stock is down 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- U.S. Silica Holdings Inc (SLCA): SLCA stock is down 1.8% today.
- Eagle Materials Inc (EXP): EXP stock is down 0.9% today.
- CRH Plc (CRH): CRH stock is down 1.2% today.
- BE Aerospace (BEAV): BEAV stock is down 0.8% today.
- Exelis Inc. Common Stock New Wh (XLS): XLS stock is down 1.2% today.
- Watsco Inc (WSO): WSO stock is down 1.1% today.
- United Technologies Corp (UTX): UTX stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.