Capital goods stocks rose 0.6% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.1%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.6% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.1% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Tenaris S.A. (TS): TS stock is up 2.6% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Gencorp Inc (GY): GY stock is up 1.6% today.
- Transdigm Group Inc (TDG): TDG stock is up 1.2% today.
- Vulcan Materials Company (VMC): VMC stock is up 1.0% today.
- Rockwell Collins (COL): COL stock is up 0.8% today.
- BE Aerospace (BEAV): BEAV stock is up 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Louisiana-Pacific Corp (LPX): LPX stock is up 0.6% today.
- Ingersoll-Rand Plc (Ireland) (IR): IR stock is up 0.6% today.
- Caterpillar Inc (CAT): CAT stock is up 0.5% today.
- Trinity Industries (TRN): TRN stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- The Middleby Corp (MIDD): MIDD stock is down 1.6% to a new 52-week low of $78.58.
- Beacon Roofing Supply (BECN): BECN stock is down 1.5%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Fortune Brands Home & Security (FBHS): FBHS stock is down 1.3%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Toll Brothers Inc (TOL): TOL stock is down 1.3% today.
- James Hardie Industries Se (JHX): JHX stock is down 1.2% today.
- Standard Pacific LP (SPF): SPF stock is down 1.1% today.
- Cemex S.A.B. De C.V. Sponsored (CX): CX stock is down 1.1% today.
- Lennar Corp (LEN.B): LEN.B stock is down 1.0% today.
- Lennar Corp (LEN): LEN stock is down 0.9% today.
- Barnes Group (B): B stock is down 0.8%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.