Consumer cyclical stocks finished flat on Wednesday on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.2%, the Nasdaq rose 0.6% and the S&P 500 was up 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Harley-Davidson Inc (HOG): HOG stock is up 1.8% today.
- Whirlpool Corp (WHR): WHR stock is up 1.4% today on 6 times normal volume.
- Helen of Troy Limited (HELE): HELE stock is up 1.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Arvinmeritor (MTOR): MTOR stock is up 1.0% today.
- Deckers Outdoor Corp (DECK): DECK stock is up 1.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Iconix Brand Group (ICON): ICON stock is up 0.9% today.
- Allison Transmission Holdings (ALSN): ALSN stock is up 0.9% today.
- Phillips-Van Heusen Corp (PVH): PVH stock is up 0.9% today.
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company (GT): GT stock is up 0.8% to a new 52-week high of $28.43.
- Magna International (MGA): MGA stock is up 0.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Drew Industries Inc (DW): DW stock is down 1.1% today.
- General Motors Company (GM): GM stock is down 0.9% today.
- Genuine Parts Company (GPC): GPC stock is down 0.7% today.
- Herman Miller (MLHR): MLHR stock is down 0.7% today.
- Mohawk Industries (MHK): MHK stock is down 0.6% today.
- Bally Technologies (BYI): BYI stock is down 0.6% today.
- Steven Madden (SHOO): SHOO stock is down 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Borgwarner Inc (BWA): BWA stock is down 0.4% today.
- W.W. Grainger (GWW): GWW stock is down 0.3% today.
- Oshkosh Truck Corp (OSK): OSK stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.