Consumer cyclical stocks rose 0.8% on Wall Street on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.5%, the Nasdaq increased 0.6% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- La-Z-Boy Inc (LZB): LZB stock is up 1.8% today.
- Tempur-Pedic International Inc (TPX): TPX stock is up 1.7% to a new 52-week high of $60.49.
- Select Comfort Corp (SCSS): SCSS stock is up 1.7% today.
- Genuine Parts Company (GPC): GPC stock is up 1.7% today.
- W.W. Grainger (GWW): GWW stock is up 1.6% today.
- Magna International (MGA): MGA stock is up 1.5% to a new 52-week high of $110.38.
- Phillips-Van Heusen Corp (PVH): PVH stock is up 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Bally Technologies (BYI): BYI stock is up 1.4% today.
- Gildan Activewear (GIL): GIL stock is up 1.4% to a new 52-week high of $60.45.
- Columbia Sportswear Company (COLM): COLM stock is up 1.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Only one stock in the consumer cyclical sectors showed losses:
- Standard Motor Products (SMP): SMP stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.