Consumer cyclical stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.4%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.6% higher and the S&P 500 was up 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Oshkosh Truck Corp (OSK): OSK stock is up 2.1% today.
- Shutterfly (SFLY): SFLY stock is up 1.3% today.
- Herman Miller (MLHR): MLHR stock is up 1.4% today.
- Tempur-Pedic International Inc (TPX): TPX stock is up 1.3% today.
- Nike Inc (NKE): NKE stock is up 1.0% today.
- Tesla Motors (TSLA): TSLA stock is up 0.9% today.
- Rush Enterprises (RUSHB): RUSHB stock is up 0.9% today.
- Wolverine World Wide (WWW): WWW stock is up 0.9% today.
- Paccar Inc (PCAR): PCAR stock is up 1.0% today.
- Columbia Sportswear Company (COLM): COLM stock is up 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Dorman Products (DORM): DORM stock is down 9.6% today.
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company (GT): GT stock is down 4.2% today.
- Michael Kors Holdings Limited (KORS): KORS stock is down 0.8% today.
- Honda Motor Company (HMC): HMC stock is down 0.6% today.
- Helen of Troy Limited (HELE): HELE stock is down 0.5% today.
- Bally Technologies (BYI): BYI stock is down 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Toyota Motor Corp Ltd Ord (TM): TM stock is down 0.3% today.
- Tenneco Automotive (TEN): TEN stock is down 0.2% today.
- Brunswick Corp (BC): BC stock is down 0.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Trw Automotive Holdings Corp (TRW): TRW stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.