Consumer cyclical stocks finished up 1.1% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.7% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 1.1% and the S&P 500 was up 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Westport Innovations Inc (WPRT): WPRT stock is up 2.3% today and up 24.4% in the last month.
- Toyota Motor Corp Ltd Ord (TM): TM stock is up 2.2%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Sony Corp (SNE): SNE stock is up 2.1% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Johnson Controls (JCI): JCI stock is up 2.1% today.
- Hyster-Yale Materials Handling (HY): HY stock is up 2.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Irobot Corp (IRBT): IRBT stock is up 2.1%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Gentherm Inc (THRM): THRM stock is up 2.0% to a new 52-week high of $45.35.
- Wabco Holdings Inc (WBC): WBC stock is up 2.0% today.
- Standard Motor Products (SMP): SMP stock is up 1.7% to a new 52-week high of $45.45.
- Pool Corp (POOL): POOL stock is up 1.7% today.
Only one stock in the consumer cyclical sectors showed losses:
- Tempur-Pedic International Inc (TPX): TPX stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.