Consumer noncyclical stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street so far on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.1%, the Nasdaq rose 0.3% and the S&P 500 increased 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- J & J Snack Foods (JJSF): JJSF stock is up 2.8% today.
- Fresh Del Monte Produce (FDP): FDP stock is up 2.0% today.
- Seaboard Corp (SEB): SEB stock is up 2.1% today.
- Keurig Green Mountain Inc. (GMCR): GMCR stock is up 1.6% today.
- Unilever Nv (UN): UN stock is up 1.0% today.
- Cal-Maine Foods (CALM): CALM stock is up 1.1% today.
- Constellation Brands Inc (STZ): STZ stock is up 1.0% today.
- Diageo Plc (DEO): DEO stock is up 0.8% today.
- Unilever Plc (UL): UL stock is up 0.7% today.
- Dean Foods Company (DF): DF stock is up 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Herbalife Ltd (HLF): HLF stock is down 11.1% today.
- Tupperware Corp (TUP): TUP stock is down 0.7% today.
- Compania Cervecerias Unidas S.A. (CCU): CCU stock is down 0.7% today.
- Colgate-Palmolive Company (CL): CL stock is down 0.6%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Ecolab Inc (ECL): ECL stock is down 0.6% today.
- Dr Pepper Snapple Group Inc (DPS): DPS stock is down 0.7% today.
- Fomento Economico Mexicano S.A.B. De C.V. (FMX): FMX stock is down 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- The Andersons (ANDE): ANDE stock is down 0.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- The Whitewave Foods Company (WWAV): WWAV stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.