Consumer noncyclical stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Thursday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.3%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.1% and the S&P 500 was up 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Lorillard Inc (LO): LO stock is up 6.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Embotell Andina Sa A (AKO.A): AKO.A stock is up 1.6% today.
- Dean Foods Company (DF): DF stock is up 1.8% today.
- Nu Skin Enterprises (NUS): NUS stock is up 1.4% today.
- Reynolds American Inc (RAI): RAI stock is up 2.5% today.
- Conagra Foods (CAG): CAG stock is up 1.3%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Altria Group (MO): MO stock is up 1.5% today.
- Philip Morris International Inc (PM): PM stock is up 1.4% today.
- Embotell Andna Sa B (AKO.B): AKO.B stock is up 1.1% today.
- Vector Group Ltd (VGR): VGR stock is up 1.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Tyson Foods (TSN): TSN stock is down 1.4% today.
- Pilgrim’s Pride Corp (PPC): PPC stock is down 1.3% today.
- Coca Cola Hellenic Bottling Co (CCH): CCH stock is down 0.7% today.
- Adecoagro S.A. (AGRO): AGRO stock is down 0.4% today.
- Campbell Soup Company (CPB): CPB stock is down 0.3% today.
- Hain Celestial Group (HAIN): HAIN stock is down 0.3% today.
- Hershey Foods Corp (HSY): HSY stock is down 0.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Coca-Cola Company (KO): KO stock is down 0.2% today.
- Sanderson Farms (SAFM): SAFM stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.