Energy stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.5%, the Nasdaq was down 0.4% and the S&P 500 declined 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Delek US Holdings (DK): DK stock is up 2.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Atlas Pipeline Partners L.P. (APL): APL stock is up 1.8% today.
- Marathon Petroleum Corp (MPC): MPC stock is up 1.5% today.
- Valero Energy Corp (VLO): VLO stock is up 1.1% today.
- Cnooc Limited (CEO): CEO stock is up 0.9%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Helix Energy Solutions Group (HLX): HLX stock is up 0.9% today.
- Buckeye Partners L.P. (BPL): BPL stock is up 0.6% today.
- Tesoro Petroleum Corp (TSO): TSO stock is up 0.6% today.
- Hollyfrontier Corp (HFC): HFC stock is up 0.4% today.
- Penn Virginia Corp (PVA): PVA stock is up 0.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Stone Energy Corp (SGY): SGY stock is down 3.2% today.
- Halcon Resources (HK): HK stock is down 3.1% today.
- Sandridge Energy Inc (SD): SD stock is down 2.8% today.
- Oiltanking Partners L.P. (OILT): OILT stock is down 2.3% today and down 52.4% in the last month.
- Denbury Resources (DNR): DNR stock is down 2.2% today.
- Frank’s International N.V. (FI): FI stock is down 2.2% today.
- Exco Resources NL (XCO): XCO stock is down 2.2% today.
- Superior Energy Services (SPN): SPN stock is down 2.1% today.
- Core Laboratories N.V. (CLB): CLB stock is down 2.0% today.
- Magnum Hunter Resources Corp (MHR): MHR stock is down 2.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.