Energy stocks fell broadly on Wall Street so far on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.1%, the Nasdaq declined 0.1% and the S&P 500 fell 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Newfield Exploration Company (NFX): NFX stock is up 2.8% today.
- Murphy Oil Corp (MUR): MUR stock is up 1.5% today.
- Goodrich Petroleum Corp (GDP): GDP stock is up 1.8% today.
- Alliance Holdings Gp L.P. (AHGP): AHGP stock is up 1.0% today.
- Diamondback Energy Inc (FANG): FANG stock is up 1.8% today.
- Penn Virginia Corp (PVA): PVA stock is up 1.3% today.
- Frank’s International N.V. (FI): FI stock is up 1.1% today.
- Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI): CWEI stock is up 0.8% today.
- Ev Energy Partners L.P. (EVEP): EVEP stock is up 0.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Ngl Energy Partners LP (NGL): NGL stock is down 4.1% today.
- BP P.L.C. (BP): BP stock is down 2.4% today.
- Ultra Petroleum (UPL): UPL stock is down 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cloud Peak Energy Inc (CLD): CLD stock is down 1.6% today.
- Pioneer Energy Services Corp (PES): PES stock is down 1.2% today.
- Baker Hughes Inc (BHI): BHI stock is down 1.2% today.
- Peabody Energy Corp (BTU): BTU stock is down 1.3% today.
- Cabot Oil & Gas Corp (COG): COG stock is down 1.3% today.
- RPC Inc (RES): RES stock is down 0.8% today.
- Eni S.P.A. (E): E stock is down 1.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.