Energy stocks finished up 0.9% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.5% higher, the Nasdaq was up 0.6% and the S&P 500 increased 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Newpark Resources (NR): NR stock is up 2.6% today.
- Cimarex Energy Co (XEC): XEC stock is up 2.0% today.
- Canadian Natural Resources (CNQ): CNQ stock is up 1.9% today.
- W&T Offshore (WTI): WTI stock is up 1.9% today.
- Northern Oil and Gas (NOG): NOG stock is up 1.9% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Cabot Oil & Gas Corp (COG): COG stock is up 1.8% today.
- Eog Resources (EOG): EOG stock is up 1.8% today.
- Diamond Offshore Drilling (DO): DO stock is up 1.7% today.
- FMC Technologies (FTI): FTI stock is up 1.7% today.
- Rowan Companies (RDC): RDC stock is up 1.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Rose Rock Midstream L.P. (RRMS): RRMS stock is down 1.2% today.
- Legacy Reserves LP (LGCY): LGCY stock is down 1.2% today.
- Cobalt International Energy (CIE): CIE stock is down 1.1% today.
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is down 1.0% today.
- Enbridge Energy L.P. (EEP): EEP stock is down 0.8% today.
- Suburban Propane Partners L.P. (SPH): SPH stock is down 0.4% today.
- Pdc Energy Inc (PDCE): PDCE stock is down 0.4% today.
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Company (YZC): YZC stock is down 0.4% today.
- Amerigas Partners L.P. (APU): APU stock is down 0.4% today.
- Cloud Peak Energy Inc (CLD): CLD stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.