Energy stocks finished down 0.8% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.3%, the Nasdaq was down 0.3% and the S&P 500 declined 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Nustar Gp Holdings Llc (NSH): NSH stock is up 0.7%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Natural Resource Partners LP (NRP): NRP stock is up 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Ypf Sociedad Anonima (YPF): YPF stock is up 0.4% today.
- Murphy Oil Corp (MUR): MUR stock is up 0.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- National-Oilwell (NOV): NOV stock is up 0.1%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Suburban Propane Partners L.P. (SPH): SPH stock is up 0.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK): CHK stock is down 4.6% today.
- Wpx Energy Inc. Common Stock W (WPX): WPX stock is down 4.3% today.
- Matador Resources Company (MTDR): MTDR stock is down 4.1% today.
- Stone Energy Corp (SGY): SGY stock is down 3.5% today.
- Cobalt International Energy (CIE): CIE stock is down 3.1% today.
- Carrizo Oil & Gas (CRZO): CRZO stock is down 3.0% today.
- Pengrowth Energy Corp (PGH): PGH stock is down 2.9% today.
- Pioneer Energy Services Corp (PES): PES stock is down 2.9% today.
- Penn Virginia Corp (PVA): PVA stock is down 2.8% today.
- Denbury Resources (DNR): DNR stock is down 2.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.