Energy stocks finished up 0.7% on Wall Street on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.4%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.6% and the S&P 500 rose 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Patterson-Uti Energy (PTEN): PTEN stock is up 2.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Stone Energy Corp (SGY): SGY stock is up 2.7% today.
- Calumet Specialty Products (CLMT): CLMT stock is up 2.4% today.
- Tesoro Logistics LP Common Unit (TLLP): TLLP stock is up 2.1% today.
- Cvr Energy Inc (CVI): CVI stock is up 2.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Kodiak Oil (KOG): KOG stock is up 2.0% today.
- Cnooc Limited (CEO): CEO stock is up 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is up 1.9% today.
- Energen Corp (EGN): EGN stock is up 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Pengrowth Energy Corp (PGH): PGH stock is up 1.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Magnum Hunter Resources Corp (MHR): MHR stock is down 1.3% today.
- Peabody Energy Corp (BTU): BTU stock is down 0.9% today.
- Enbridge Energy Management Llc (EEQ): EEQ stock is down 0.7% today.
- Crestwood Equity Partners LP (CEQP): CEQP stock is down 0.6% today.
- Bonanza Creek Energy Inc (BCEI): BCEI stock is down 0.6% today.
- Wpx Energy Inc. Common Stock W (WPX): WPX stock is down 0.5% today.
- Anadarko Petroleum Corp (APC): APC stock is down 0.5% today.
- Atlas Pipeline Partners L.P. (APL): APL stock is down 0.5% today.
- Global Partners LP (GLP): GLP stock is down 0.5% today.
- Halcon Resources (HK): HK stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.