Energy stocks finished down 0.2% on Wall Street on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.6%, the Nasdaq was down 1.2% and the S&P 500 declined 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is up 2.8% today.
- Northern Oil and Gas (NOG): NOG stock is up 2.6% today.
- Pdc Energy Inc (PDCE): PDCE stock is up 2.1% today.
- Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK): CHK stock is up 1.7% today.
- W&T Offshore (WTI): WTI stock is up 1.7% today.
- Kodiak Oil (KOG): KOG stock is up 1.6% today.
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is up 1.6% today.
- Concho Resources Inc (CXO): CXO stock is up 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- McDermott International (MDR): MDR stock is up 1.4% today.
- Encana Corp (ECA): ECA stock is up 1.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Oiltanking Partners L.P. (OILT): OILT stock is down 2.6% today.
- Cloud Peak Energy Inc (CLD): CLD stock is down 2.1% today.
- Pacific Drilling S.A. (PACD): PACD stock is down 2.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cosan Limited (CZZ): CZZ stock is down 2.1% today.
- Marathon Petroleum Corp (MPC): MPC stock is down 2.1% today.
- Consol Energy Inc (CNX): CNX stock is down 2.0% today.
- Cvr Energy Inc (CVI): CVI stock is down 1.9% today.
- Halcon Resources (HK): HK stock is down 1.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Targa Resources Partners LP (NGLS): NGLS stock is down 1.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Western Refining (WNR): WNR stock is down 1.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.