Financial stocks declined broadly on Wall Street on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.4%, the Nasdaq was down 0.3% and the S&P 500 fell 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Banco Macro S.A. (BMA): BMA stock is up 2.8% to a new 52-week high of $43.81.
- Bbva Banco Frances S.A. (BFR): BFR stock is up 2.5% today and up 22.1% in the last month.
- Endurance Specialty Holdings Ltd (ENH): ENH stock is up 0.6% today.
- Kearny Financial (KRNY): KRNY stock is up 0.5% today.
- Old Republic International Corp (ORI): ORI stock is up 0.5% today.
- Brookfield Asset Management Inc (BAM): BAM stock is up 0.5% today.
- ING Clarion Global Real Estate (IGR): IGR stock is up 0.4% today.
- Assurant Inc (AIZ): AIZ stock is up 0.4% today.
- Sun Life Financial Inc (SLF): SLF stock is up 0.4% today.
- Fifth Street Finance Corp (FSC): FSC stock is up 0.4%, marking the 11th consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Progressive Corp (PGR): PGR stock is down 2.7% today on 2 times normal volume.
- MBIA Inc (MBI): MBI stock is down 2.5% to a new 52-week low of $9.32.
- Marketaxess Holdings (MKTX): MKTX stock is down 2.4% to a new 52-week low of $48.05.
- Cohn & Steers Inc (CNS): CNS stock is down 2.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Credicorp Ltd (BAP): BAP stock is down 2.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Mitsubishi Ufj Financial Group Inc (MTU): MTU stock is down 2.2% today.
- Eaton Vance Corp (EV): EV stock is down 2.1% today.
- Evercore Partners Inc (EVR): EVR stock is down 2.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Banco Bilbao Viscaya Argentaria S.A. (BBVA): BBVA stock is down 2.0% today.
- CME Group Inc (CME): CME stock is down 2.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.