Financial stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street so far on Monday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.8%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.5%, the Nasdaq rose 0.5% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Citigroup Inc (C): C stock is up 3.3% today.
- Nationstar Mortgage Holdngs I (NSM): NSM stock is up 2.2% today.
- Credit Suisse Group (CS): CS stock is up 2.7% today.
- The Nasdaq Omx Group (NDAQ): NDAQ stock is up 2.3% today.
- Health Net Inc (HNT): HNT stock is up 1.9% to a new 52-week high of $43.72.
- Deutsche Bank Ag (DB): DB stock is up 2.1% today.
- Molina Healthcare Inc (MOH): MOH stock is up 2.2% today.
- Unitedhealth Group Inc (UNH): UNH stock is up 1.9% to a new 52-week high of $84.48.
- Banco Bradesco Sa (BBD): BBD stock is up 2.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Legg Mason Inc (LM): LM stock is up 2.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Central Fund of Canada (CEF): CEF stock is down 2.8% today.
- Cash America International (CSH): CSH stock is down 2.0% today.
- American National Insurance (ANAT): ANAT stock is down 0.3% today.
- Kayne Anderson Energy Total Return Fund (KYE): KYE stock is down 0.8% today.
- Banco Macro S.A. (BMA): BMA stock is down 1.1% today.
- Waddell & Reed Financial (WDR): WDR stock is down 0.5% today.
- Mizuho Financial Group (MFG): MFG stock is down 0.3% today.
- Wisdomtree Invstmnts (WETF): WETF stock is down 1.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.