Financial stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.9%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.6%, the Nasdaq was down 1.2% and the S&P 500 declined 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. (GGAL): GGAL stock is up 1.9% to a new 52-week high of $15.71.
- SLM Corp (SLM): SLM stock is up 1.6% today.
- Cna Financial Corp (CNA): CNA stock is up 1.0% today.
- Blackrock Global (BOE): BOE stock is up 0.7% today.
- Allied World Assurance Company (AWH): AWH stock is up 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Bbva Banco Frances S.A. (BFR): BFR stock is up 0.7% today and up 22.7% in the last month.
- Aspen Insurance Holdings (AHL): AHL stock is up 0.6% today.
- Platinum Underwriters Holdings Ltd (PTP): PTP stock is up 0.5% today.
- Validus Holdings (VR): VR stock is up 0.5% today.
- Templeton Global (GIM): GIM stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Greenhill & Co. Inc (GHL): GHL stock is down 3.8% today.
- Fortress Investment Group (FIG): FIG stock is down 3.3% today.
- Lpl Investment Holdings Inc (LPLA): LPLA stock is down 3.2% today.
- Nationstar Mortgage Holdngs I (NSM): NSM stock is down 2.9% today.
- American National Insurance (ANAT): ANAT stock is down 2.8% today.
- Interactive Brokers Group (IBKR): IBKR stock is down 2.8% today.
- Stifel Financial Corp (SF): SF stock is down 2.8% today.
- First Bancorp (FBP): FBP stock is down 2.8% today.
- Och-Ziff Capital Management (OZM): OZM stock is down 2.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Privatebancorp (PVTB): PVTB stock is down 2.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.