Financial stocks rose 0.2% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was steady, the Nasdaq fell 0.1% and the S&P 500 stayed level.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- SLM Corp (SLM): SLM stock is up 2.6% today.
- American Capital (ACAS): ACAS stock is up 2.5% today.
- City National Corp (CYN): CYN stock is up 2.4% today.
- Signature Bank (SBNY): SBNY stock is up 2.3% today.
- Amtrust Financial Services (AFSI): AFSI stock is up 2.3% today.
- Cvb Financial Corp (CVBF): CVBF stock is up 2.2% today.
- First Bancorp (FBP): FBP stock is up 2.2% today.
- Banco Bilbao Viscaya Argentaria S.A. (BBVA): BBVA stock is up 2.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Associated Banc-Corp (ASBC): ASBC stock is up 2.2% today.
- East West Bancorp (EWBC): EWBC stock is up 2.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Gamco Investors (GBL): GBL stock is down 2.4% today.
- Oaktree Capital Group Llc (OAK): OAK stock is down 1.9% today.
- Argo Group International Holdings Ltd (AGII): AGII stock is down 1.6% today.
- Global Payments Inc (GPN): GPN stock is down 1.6% today.
- Selective Insurance Group (SIGI): SIGI stock is down 1.5% today.
- Kayne Anderson Energy Total Return Fund (KYE): KYE stock is down 1.3% today.
- KB Financial Group Inc (KB): KB stock is down 1.2% today.
- Montpelier Re Holdings Ltd (MRH): MRH stock is down 1.1% today.
- Rli Corp (RLI): RLI stock is down 1.0% today.
- Renaissancere Holdings Ltd (RNR): RNR stock is down 1.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.