Healthcare stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average remained flat, the Nasdaq increased 0.3% and the S&P 500 was unchanged.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Puma Biotechnology (PBYI): PBYI stock is up 281.3% today and up 221.5% in the last month.
- Inovio Pharmaceuticals (INO): INO stock is up 25.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG): ISRG stock is up 12.6%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Biogen Idec Inc (BIIB): BIIB stock is up 11.9% today.
- Neogen Corp (NEOG): NEOG stock is up 8.2% today.
- Celldex Therapeutics Inc (CLDX): CLDX stock is up 4.6% today.
- Isis Pharmaceuticals (ISIS): ISIS stock is up 3.3% today.
- Acorda Therapeutics (ACOR): ACOR stock is up 3.1% today.
- Ironwood Pharmaceuticals (IRWD): IRWD stock is up 3.0% today.
- Biomarin Pharmaceutical Inc (BMRN): BMRN stock is up 2.8%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Cubist Pharmaceuticals (CBST): CBST stock is down 5.9% today.
- Glaxosmithkline Plc (GSK): GSK stock is down 4.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Theravance (THRX): THRX stock is down 3.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Tenet Healthcare Corp (THC): THC stock is down 1.5% today.
- Community Health Systems (CYH): CYH stock is down 1.3% today.
- Kindred Healthcare (KND): KND stock is down 1.1% today.
- Express Scripts (ESRX): ESRX stock is down 1.2% today.
- The Medicines Company (MDCO): MDCO stock is down 1.0% today.
- Brookdale Senior Living Inc (BKD): BKD stock is down 1.0% today.
- Emeritus Corp (ESC): ESC stock is down 1.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.