Healthcare stocks rose 1.3% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.7%, the Nasdaq increased 1.1% and the S&P 500 was up 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Perrigo Company (PRGO): PRGO stock is up 3.2% today.
- Isis Pharmaceuticals (ISIS): ISIS stock is up 3.1% today and up 24.5% in the last month.
- West Pharmaceutical Services (WST): WST stock is up 3.1% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Celgene Corp (CELG): CELG stock is up 3.1% today.
- Centene Corp (CNC): CNC stock is up 3.0% to a new 52-week high of $77.89.
- Conmed Corp (CNMD): CNMD stock is up 3.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Hospira Inc (HSP): HSP stock is up 2.9% to a new 52-week high of $52.86.
- Gilead Sciences (GILD): GILD stock is up 2.9% to a new 52-week high of $85.29.
- Insulet Corp (PODD): PODD stock is up 2.8%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Masimo Corp (MASI): MASI stock is up 2.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Kindred Healthcare (KND): KND stock is down 1.0% today.
- Tenet Healthcare Corp (THC): THC stock is down 0.7% today.
- Hca Holdings Inc. Common Stock (HCA): HCA stock is down 0.5% today.
- Select Medical Holdings Corp (SEM): SEM stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.