Healthcare stocks finished down 0.9% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.6%, the Nasdaq was down 1.2% and the S&P 500 declined 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Taro Pharm Inds (TARO): TARO stock is up 2.6% today and up 31.5% in the last month.
- Owens & Minor (OMI): OMI stock is up 0.2% today.
- Emeritus Corp (ESC): ESC stock is up 0.2% today.
- Allergan Inc (AGN): AGN stock is up 0.1% today.
- Brookdale Senior Living Inc (BKD): BKD stock is up 0.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Arena Pharmaceuticals (ARNA): ARNA stock is down 5.3% today.
- Insulet Corp (PODD): PODD stock is down 5.2% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Prestige Brand Holdings (PBH): PBH stock is down 4.0% today.
- Gopro Inc. (GPRO): GPRO stock is down 4.0% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Incyte Corp (INCY): INCY stock is down 3.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Celgene Corp (CELG): CELG stock is down 3.5% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Wuxi Pharmatech [Cayman] Inc (WX): WX stock is down 3.0% today.
- Abbvie Inc. Common Stock (ABBV): ABBV stock is down 3.0% today.
- Biomarin Pharmaceutical Inc (BMRN): BMRN stock is down 2.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.