Healthcare stocks finished up 0.8% on Wall Street on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.1%, the Nasdaq rose 0.2% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Tenet Healthcare Corp (THC): THC stock is up 2.7% today.
- Kindred Healthcare (KND): KND stock is up 2.4% today.
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX): VRTX stock is up 2.3% today and up 34.4% in the last month.
- Abbvie Inc. Common Stock (ABBV): ABBV stock is up 2.1% to a new 52-week high of $58.11.
- Astrazeneca Plc (AZN): AZN stock is up 2.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Biogen Idec Inc (BIIB): BIIB stock is up 1.9% today.
- Perrigo Company (PRGO): PRGO stock is up 1.9% today.
- Celgene Corp (CELG): CELG stock is up 1.8% today.
- Baxter International Inc (BAX): BAX stock is up 1.7% today.
- Healthsouth Corp (HLS): HLS stock is up 1.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Cantel Medical (CMN): CMN stock is down 1.9% today.
- Myriad Genetics (MYGN): MYGN stock is down 1.8% today.
- West Pharmaceutical Services (WST): WST stock is down 1.4% today.
- Incyte Corp (INCY): INCY stock is down 1.4% today.
- Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR): NKTR stock is down 1.4% today.
- Mwi Veterinary Supply (MWIV): MWIV stock is down 1.2% today.
- Opko Health Inc (OPK): OPK stock is down 1.1% today.
- Neogen Corp (NEOG): NEOG stock is down 1.1% today.
- Auxilium Pharmaceuticals (AUXL): AUXL stock is down 1.0% today.
- Actavis Inc (ACT): ACT stock is down 1.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.