Services stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.5%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.6% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.5% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Sonic Automotive (SAH): SAH stock is up 2.3% to a new 52-week high of $27.81.
- United States Cellular Corp (USM): USM stock is up 2.2% today.
- Cablevision Systems Corp (CVC): CVC stock is up 2.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Devry Inc (DV): DV stock is up 2.1% today.
- Best Buy Co. (BBY): BBY stock is up 2.1% today.
- International Game Technology (IGT): IGT stock is up 2.1% today and up 30.0% in the last month.
- Penske Automotive Group (PAG): PAG stock is up 2.0% to a new 52-week high of $51.16.
- Vitamin Shoppe Inc (VSI): VSI stock is up 2.0% today.
- On Assignment (ASGN): ASGN stock is up 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Ann Inc (ANN): ANN stock is up 1.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Newcastle Investment Corp (NCT): NCT stock is down 1.5% today.
- Weight Watchers International Inc (WTW): WTW stock is down 1.3% today.
- Redwood Trust (RWT): RWT stock is down 1.3% today.
- Two Harbors Investments Corp (TWO): TWO stock is down 1.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Liberty Media Corp (LMCB): LMCB stock is down 1.2% today.
- Ashford Hospitality Trust Inc (AHT): AHT stock is down 1.1% today.
- Kimco Realty Corp (KIM): KIM stock is down 1.0% today.
- Home Properties (HME): HME stock is down 1.0% today.
- Hatteras Financial Corp (HTS): HTS stock is down 1.0% today.
- Mack-Cali Realty Corp (CLI): CLI stock is down 1.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.