Technology stocks finished up 0.1% on Wall Street on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.1%, the Nasdaq was up 0.2% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.1% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Acuity Brands Inc (AYI): AYI stock is up 1.6% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Western Digital Corp (WDC): WDC stock is up 1.5% to a new 52-week high of $95.92.
- Nuance Communications (NUAN): NUAN stock is up 1.5% today.
- Yahoo! Inc (YHOO): YHOO stock is up 1.5%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Tivo Inc (TIVO): TIVO stock is up 1.3% today.
- Advanced Semiconductor Engineering (ASX): ASX stock is up 1.2% to a new 52-week high of $6.80.
- Amkor Technology (AMKR): AMKR stock is up 1.2% today.
- Ciena Corp (CIEN): CIEN stock is up 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Arm Holdings Plc (ARMH): ARMH stock is up 1.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Spectrum Brands Holdings (SPB): SPB stock is up 1.1%, marking the 13th consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Invensense Inc (INVN): INVN stock is down 2.7% today.
- Acxiom Corp (ACXM): ACXM stock is down 2.5% today.
- Costar Group (CSGP): CSGP stock is down 2.2% today.
- Veeco Instruments Inc (VECO): VECO stock is down 1.9% today.
- Changyou.Com Limited (CYOU): CYOU stock is down 1.8% today.
- Avg Technologies N.V. (AVG): AVG stock is down 1.7% today.
- Osi Systems (OSIS): OSIS stock is down 1.7% today.
- Internet Initiative Japan (IIJI): IIJI stock is down 1.6% today.
- Silicon Laboratories (SLAB): SLAB stock is down 1.5% today.
- Graftech International Ltd (GTI): GTI stock is down 1.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.