Transportation stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.3%, the Nasdaq rose 0.5% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.3% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Alexander and Baldwin Inc (ALEX): ALEX stock is up 3.4% today.
- Jetblue Airways Corp (JBLU): JBLU stock is up 2.7% today.
- Southwest Airlines Company (LUV): LUV stock is up 2.7% today.
- Capital Product Partners L.P. (CPLP): CPLP stock is up 2.2% today.
- American Railcar Industries (ARII): ARII stock is up 2.0% today.
- Greenbrier Companies (GBX): GBX stock is up 1.8% today.
- Kansas City Southern (KSU): KSU stock is up 1.6% today.
- Spirit Airlines Inc (SAVE): SAVE stock is up 1.4% today.
- Delta Air Lines Inc (DAL): DAL stock is up 1.9% today.
- Allegiant Travel Company (ALGT): ALGT stock is up 1.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Taminco Corporation Common Stoc (TAM): TAM stock is down 2.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Macquarie Infrastructure Company Trust (MIC): MIC stock is down 1.5% today.
- Scorpio Tankers Inc (STNG): STNG stock is down 1.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Guangshen Railway Company (GSH): GSH stock is down 1.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Grupo Aeroportuario Del Pacifico (PAC): PAC stock is down 0.9% today.
- China Southern Airlines Company (ZNH): ZNH stock is down 0.6% today.
- Con-Way Inc (CNW): CNW stock is down 0.2% today.
- Hornbeck Offshore Services (HOS): HOS stock is down 0.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Copa Holdings S.A. (CPA): CPA stock is down 0.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.