Transportation stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed level, the Nasdaq was up 0.3% and the S&P 500 stayed the same.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Delta Air Lines Inc (DAL): DAL stock is up 3.1% today.
- Landstar System (LSTR): LSTR stock is up 3.2% today.
- Knight Transportation (KNX): KNX stock is up 2.2% today.
- United Continental Holdings (UAL): UAL stock is up 1.9% today.
- Heartland Express (HTLD): HTLD stock is up 1.7% today.
- China Southern Airlines Company (ZNH): ZNH stock is up 1.5% today.
- Swift Transportation Company (SWFT): SWFT stock is up 1.3% today.
- Jetblue Airways Corp (JBLU): JBLU stock is up 1.1% today.
- Spirit Airlines Inc (SAVE): SAVE stock is up 0.9% today.
- Southwest Airlines Company (LUV): LUV stock is up 1.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Forward Air Corp (FWRD): FWRD stock is down 0.9% today.
- Gulfmark Offshore (GLF): GLF stock is down 2.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Teekay Lng Partners L.P. (TGP): TGP stock is down 1.9% today.
- Hornbeck Offshore Services (HOS): HOS stock is down 1.0% today.
- Scorpio Tankers Inc (STNG): STNG stock is down 1.4% today.
- Con-Way Inc (CNW): CNW stock is down 0.6% today.
- CSX Corp (CSX): CSX stock is down 0.5% today.
- Huntington Ingalls Industries (HII): HII stock is down 0.5% today.
- Teekay Shipping Corp (TK): TK stock is down 0.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- GATX Corp (GMT): GMT stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.