Transportation stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Monday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.5%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.6% higher and the S&P 500 rose 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Hornbeck Offshore Services (HOS): HOS stock is up 1.4% today.
- Teekay Lng Partners L.P. (TGP): TGP stock is up 1.3% today.
- Macquarie Infrastructure Company Trust (MIC): MIC stock is up 1.3% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Grupo Aeroportuario Del Sureste (ASR): ASR stock is up 1.1% today.
- Seaspan Corp (SSW): SSW stock is up 1.1% today.
- Teekay Shipping Corp (TK): TK stock is up 1.0% today.
- Copa Holdings S.A. (CPA): CPA stock is up 0.9% today.
- United Parcel Service (UPS): UPS stock is up 0.9% today.
- Guangshen Railway Company (GSH): GSH stock is up 0.9% today.
- Alaska Air Group (ALK): ALK stock is up 0.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- American Railcar Industries (ARII): ARII stock is down 1.4% today.
- Golar Lng Partners LP (GMLP): GMLP stock is down 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Air Methods Corp (AIRM): AIRM stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.