Utilities stocks rose 1.0% on Wall Street on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 1.0%, the Nasdaq rose 1.6% and the S&P 500 pushed 1.0% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Crestwood Midstream Partners LP (CMLP): CMLP stock is up 2.4% today.
- Pinnacle West Capital Corp (PNW): PNW stock is up 2.2% today.
- WGL Holdings Inc (WGL): WGL stock is up 2.2% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Kinder Morgan (KMI): KMI stock is up 2.0% today.
- Black Hills Corp (BKH): BKH stock is up 2.0% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Ugi Corp (UGI): UGI stock is up 2.0% today.
- Uil Holdings Corp (UIL): UIL stock is up 1.9% today.
- Aqua America (WTR): WTR stock is up 1.9% today on 3 times normal volume.
- American Water Works (AWK): AWK stock is up 1.8% today.
- South Jersey Industries (SJI): SJI stock is up 1.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Western Gas Partners LP (WES): WES stock is down 0.4% today.
- El Paso Pipeline Partners LP (EPB): EPB stock is down 0.3% today.
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.