Utilities stocks advanced 0.2% on Wall Street on Tuesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.3%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.4% higher and the S&P 500 climbed 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is up 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is up 1.2% today.
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is up 1.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Cheniere Energy Partners LP (CQP): CQP stock is up 1.1% today.
- Hawaiian Electric Industries (HE): HE stock is up 1.0% today.
- Korea Electric Power Corp (KEP): KEP stock is up 0.8% today.
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is up 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- The Aes Corp (AES): AES stock is up 1.0% today.
- Enersis S A (ENI): ENI stock is up 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Spectra Energy Corp (SE): SE stock is up 0.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Dynegy Inc (DYN): DYN stock is down 1.0% today.
- Exelon Corp (EXC): EXC stock is down 0.5% today.
- Spectra Energy Partners LP (SEP): SEP stock is down 0.4% today.
- Crestwood Midstream Partners LP (CMLP): CMLP stock is down 0.5% today.
- National Fuel Gas Company (NFG): NFG stock is down 0.3% today.
- Entergy Corp (ETR): ETR stock is down 0.1% today.
- National Grid Transco Plc (NGG): NGG stock is down 0.1% today.
- Western Gas Partners LP (WES): WES stock is down 0.1% today.
- Covanta Holding Corp (CVA): CVA stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.