Basic materials stocks advanced 0.2% on Wall Street on Wednesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed the same, the Nasdaq was down 0.1% and the S&P 500 remained flat.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is up 8.1% today and up 29.2% in the last month.
- Innospec Inc (IOSP): IOSP stock is up 5.2% today.
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is up 2.7% today.
- Aurico Gold Inc (AUQ): AUQ stock is up 2.7% today.
- Iamgold Corp (IAG): IAG stock is up 2.8% today.
- Stillwater Mining Company (SWC): SWC stock is up 2.8% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is up 2.8% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is up 2.5% today.
- First Majestic Silver (AG): AG stock is up 2.7% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is up 2.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Parker-Hannifin Corp (PH): PH stock is down 6.1% today.
- Southern Peru Copper Corp (SCCO): SCCO stock is down 2.4% today.
- Greif Bros. Corp (GEF.B): GEF.B stock is down 1.8% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is down 1.6% today.
- Georgia Gulf Corp (AXLL): AXLL stock is down 1.5% today.
- Polypore International Inc (PPO): PPO stock is down 1.2% today.
- Curtiss-Wright Corp (CW): CW stock is down 1.0% today.
- DOW Chemical Company (DOW): DOW stock is down 1.0% today.
- Dover Corp (DOV): DOV stock is down 0.8% today.
- Calgon Carbon Corp (CCC): CCC stock is down 0.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.