Capital goods stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.5% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 0.5% and the S&P 500 increased 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Meritage Corp (MTH): MTH stock is up 2.3% today.
- Pultegroup (PHM): PHM stock is up 2.0% today.
- Masco Corp (MAS): MAS stock is up 2.0% today.
- Gencorp Inc (GY): GY stock is up 1.8% today.
- Applied Industrial Technologies (AIT): AIT stock is up 1.8% today.
- Lennar Corp (LEN): LEN stock is up 1.7% today.
- M.D.C. Holdings (MDC): MDC stock is up 1.7% today.
- Fortune Brands Home & Security (FBHS): FBHS stock is up 1.6% today.
- Armstrong World Industries Inc (AWI): AWI stock is up 1.6% today.
- Joy Global Inc (JOY): JOY stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Tenaris S.A. (TS): TS stock is down 0.8% today.
- Heico Cp Cl A (HEI.A): HEI.A stock is down 0.8% today.
- Embraer-Empresa Brasileira De Aeronautica (ERJ): ERJ stock is down 0.7% today.
- Zebra Technologies Corp (ZBRA): ZBRA stock is down 0.3% today.
- Spirit Aerosystems Holdings (SPR): SPR stock is down 0.3% today.
- Rockwell Collins (COL): COL stock is down 0.3% today.
- AAR Corp (AIR): AIR stock is down 0.3% today.
- Raytheon Company (RTN): RTN stock is down 0.2% today.
- Teledyne Technologies Inc (TDY): TDY stock is down 0.2% today.
- Northrop Grumman Corp (NOC): NOC stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.