Consumer cyclical stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Thursday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.2%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.4% higher and the S&P 500 increased 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Hillenbrand Inc (HI): HI stock is up 1.9% today.
- Allison Transmission Holdings (ALSN): ALSN stock is up 1.1% today.
- Drew Industries Inc (DW): DW stock is up 0.6% today.
- Borgwarner Inc (BWA): BWA stock is up 1.0% today.
- Tempur-Pedic International Inc (TPX): TPX stock is up 1.1% today.
- Toyota Motor Corp Ltd Ord (TM): TM stock is up 1.1% today.
- Federal-Mogul Corp (FDML): FDML stock is up 0.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Tesla Motors (TSLA): TSLA stock is up 1.1% today.
- Illinois Tool Works Inc (ITW): ITW stock is up 0.9% today.
- Dunkin’ Brands Group Inc (DNKN): DNKN stock is up 0.7%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Harman International Industries Inc (HAR): HAR stock is down 4.7% today.
- Nortek Inc (NTK): NTK stock is down 2.9% today.
- Cooper Tire & Rubber Company (CTB): CTB stock is down 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Sony Corp (SNE): SNE stock is down 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Shutterfly (SFLY): SFLY stock is down 0.9% today.
- Rush Enterprises (RUSHA): RUSHA stock is down 0.5% today.
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company (GT): GT stock is down 0.5% today.
- Rush Enterprises (RUSHB): RUSHB stock is down 0.7% today.
- Dorman Products (DORM): DORM stock is down 0.5% today.
- Dana Holding Corp (DAN): DAN stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.