Consumer noncyclical stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average remained flat, the Nasdaq declined 0.3% and the S&P 500 was steady.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Molson Coors Brewing Company (TAP): TAP stock is up 5.4% today.
- Philip Morris International Inc (PM): PM stock is up 2.5% today.
- Altria Group (MO): MO stock is up 2.1% today.
- J.M. Smucker Company (SJM): SJM stock is up 1.9% today.
- Hormel Foods Corp (HRL): HRL stock is up 1.5% today.
- Brown Forman Inc B (BF.B): BF.B stock is up 1.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Reynolds American Inc (RAI): RAI stock is up 1.5% today.
- Keurig Green Mountain Inc. (GMCR): GMCR stock is up 1.7% today.
- Coca-Cola Company (KO): KO stock is up 1.5% today.
- Sanderson Farms (SAFM): SAFM stock is up 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Nu Skin Enterprises (NUS): NUS stock is down 20.0% today and down 26.4% in the last month.
- Embotell Andna Sa B (AKO.B): AKO.B stock is down 1.8%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Mondelez International Inc. Cl A (MDLZ): MDLZ stock is down 1.6% today.
- Revlon Inc (REV): REV stock is down 1.4% today.
- Brf-Brasil Foods S.A. (BRFS): BRFS stock is down 1.0% today.
- Unilever Nv (UN): UN stock is down 1.0% today.
- Anheuser-Busch Inbev Sa (BUD): BUD stock is down 0.9% today.
- Unilever Plc (UL): UL stock is down 0.8% today.
- Diageo Plc (DEO): DEO stock is down 0.6% today.
- Compania Cervecerias Unidas S.A. (CCU): CCU stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.