Energy stocks rose 0.7% on Wall Street on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was unchanged, the Nasdaq increased 0.5% and the S&P 500 stayed level.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Alon USA Energy (ALJ): ALJ stock is up 4.8%, marking the ninth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Whiting Petroleum Corp (WLL): WLL stock is up 3.1% today.
- Rosetta Resources Inc (ROSE): ROSE stock is up 2.9% today.
- Ep Energy Corp (EPE): EPE stock is up 2.9% today.
- Halcon Resources (HK): HK stock is up 2.8% today.
- Suncor Energy Inc (SU): SU stock is up 2.5% today.
- Matador Resources Company (MTDR): MTDR stock is up 2.5% today.
- Cimarex Energy Co (XEC): XEC stock is up 2.5% today.
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is up 2.3% today.
- Anadarko Petroleum Corp (APC): APC stock is up 2.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Delek US Holdings (DK): DK stock is down 2.0% today.
- Oiltanking Partners L.P. (OILT): OILT stock is down 0.8% today.
- Peabody Energy Corp (BTU): BTU stock is down 0.8% today.
- Buckeye Partners L.P. (BPL): BPL stock is down 0.6% today.
- Ngl Energy Partners LP (NGL): NGL stock is down 0.6% today.
- Valero Energy Corp (VLO): VLO stock is down 0.5% today.
- McDermott International (MDR): MDR stock is down 0.4% today.
- Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK): CHK stock is down 0.4%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Carbo Ceramics (CRR): CRR stock is down 0.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Petrochina Company Limited (PTR): PTR stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.