Energy stocks rose 1.7% on Wall Street on Monday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.7%, the Nasdaq was up 0.7% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Bill Barrett Corp (BBG): BBG stock is up 6.7% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Noble Energy Inc (NBL): NBL stock is up 5.2% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Oiltanking Partners L.P. (OILT): OILT stock is up 4.5% today.
- Genesis Energy L.P. (GEL): GEL stock is up 3.7% today.
- Rose Rock Midstream L.P. (RRMS): RRMS stock is up 3.7% today.
- Kosmos Energy Ltd (KOS): KOS stock is up 3.7% today.
- Eog Resources (EOG): EOG stock is up 3.5% today.
- Energy Xxi [Bermuda] Limited (EXXI): EXXI stock is up 3.5% today.
- W&T Offshore (WTI): WTI stock is up 3.3% today.
- Ferrellgas Partners L.P. (FGP): FGP stock is up 3.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Alliance Holdings Gp L.P. (AHGP): AHGP stock is down 2.1% today.
- Pacific Drilling S.A. (PACD): PACD stock is down 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is down 0.6% today.
- Seadrill Limited (SDRL): SDRL stock is down 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cvr Energy Inc (CVI): CVI stock is down 0.6%, marking the eighth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Natural Resource Partners LP (NRP): NRP stock is down 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Ocean Rig Udw Inc (ORIG): ORIG stock is down 0.5% today.
- Ngl Energy Partners LP (NGL): NGL stock is down 0.2% today.
- Flotek Industries (FTK): FTK stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.