Energy stocks rose 0.3% on Wall Street so far on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.3%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.5% higher and the S&P 500 climbed 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Compagnie Generale De Gephysqu (CGG): CGG stock is up 3.4% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR.A): PBR.A stock is up 3.9% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR): PBR stock is up 3.8% today.
- Ultra Petroleum (UPL): UPL stock is up 2.8% today.
- Kinder Morgan Management Llc (KMR): KMR stock is up 2.7% today and up 24.4% in the last month.
- Bill Barrett Corp (BBG): BBG stock is up 1.7% today.
- Teekay Offshore Partners L.P. (TOO): TOO stock is up 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI): CWEI stock is up 1.6% today.
- Cosan Limited (CZZ): CZZ stock is up 1.5% today.
- Diamondback Energy Inc (FANG): FANG stock is up 1.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Energy Xxi [Bermuda] Limited (EXXI): EXXI stock is down 1.7% today and down 24.0% in the last month.
- Diamond Offshore Drilling (DO): DO stock is down 1.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Exco Resources NL (XCO): XCO stock is down 0.9% today.
- Chevron Corp (CVX): CVX stock is down 0.7% today.
- Superior Energy Services (SPN): SPN stock is down 0.6% today.
- Cabot Oil & Gas Corp (COG): COG stock is down 0.6% today.
- Legacy Reserves LP (LGCY): LGCY stock is down 0.6% today.
- Encana Corp (ECA): ECA stock is down 0.4% today.
- Noble Corp (NE): NE stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.