Energy stocks fell 0.4% on Wall Street so far on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed level, the Nasdaq stayed the same and the S&P 500 was steady.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Cosan Limited (CZZ): CZZ stock is up 2.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Penn West Petroleum Ltd (PWE): PWE stock is up 2.8% today.
- BP Prudhoe Bay Royalty Trust (BPT): BPT stock is up 2.5% today.
- Questar Corp (STR): STR stock is up 1.5% today.
- Weatherford International Ltd (WFT): WFT stock is up 1.5% today.
- Exco Resources NL (XCO): XCO stock is up 0.9% today.
- Wpx Energy Inc. Common Stock W (WPX): WPX stock is up 1.2% today.
- Compagnie Generale De Gephysqu (CGG): CGG stock is up 1.1% today.
- Amerigas Partners L.P. (APU): APU stock is up 0.8% today.
- Advantage Oil & Gas Ltd (AAV): AAV stock is up 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Talisman Energy Inc (TLM): TLM stock is down 3.6% today.
- Seadrill Limited (SDRL): SDRL stock is down 2.8% today.
- Pioneer Natural Resources Company (PXD): PXD stock is down 2.7% today.
- Halliburton Company (HAL): HAL stock is down 2.4% today.
- Laredo Petroleum Holdings Inc (LPI): LPI stock is down 1.7% today.
- China Petroleum & Chemical Corp (SNP): SNP stock is down 1.6% today.
- Concho Resources Inc (CXO): CXO stock is down 1.5% today.
- Basic Energy Services (BAS): BAS stock is down 1.6% today.
- Cnooc Limited (CEO): CEO stock is down 1.5% today.
- Energy Xxi [Bermuda] Limited (EXXI): EXXI stock is down 1.7% today and down 22.4% in the last month.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.