Financial stocks rose broadly on Wall Street so far on Monday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.1%, the Nasdaq rose 0.4% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.1% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Virtus Investment Partners (VRTS): VRTS stock is up 2.9% today.
- American National Insurance (ANAT): ANAT stock is up 1.8% today.
- First Citizens Bancshares (FCNCA): FCNCA stock is up 1.7% today.
- Washington Federal (WAFD): WAFD stock is up 1.4% today.
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is up 1.6% today.
- Evercore Partners Inc (EVR): EVR stock is up 1.6% today.
- Signature Bank (SBNY): SBNY stock is up 1.7% today.
- Unumprovident Corp (UNM): UNM stock is up 1.2% today.
- Lazard Ltd (LAZ): LAZ stock is up 1.4% today.
- Royal Bank Scotland Group Plc (RBS): RBS stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. (GGAL): GGAL stock is down 2.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Mitsubishi Ufj Financial Group Inc (MTU): MTU stock is down 2.0% today.
- Woori Finance Holdings Co Ltd (WF): WF stock is down 1.3% today.
- Selective Insurance Group (SIGI): SIGI stock is down 1.2% today.
- Aspen Insurance Holdings (AHL): AHL stock is down 1.3% today.
- Duff & Phelps Utilities Income (DNP): DNP stock is down 1.1%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cohen & Steers Quality Income Realty Fund Inc (RQI): RQI stock is down 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Mizuho Financial Group (MFG): MFG stock is down 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Mercury General Corp (MCY): MCY stock is down 0.9% today.
- Cna Financial Corp (CNA): CNA stock is down 0.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.