Healthcare stocks finished flat today on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.2%, the Nasdaq was up 0.2% and the S&P 500 declined 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Puma Biotechnology (PBYI): PBYI stock is up 2.8% today.
- Tornier N.V. (TRNX): TRNX stock is up 2.0% today.
- Keryx Biopharmaceuticals (KERX): KERX stock is up 1.7% today.
- Neurocrine Biosciences (NBIX): NBIX stock is up 1.5% today.
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX): VRTX stock is up 1.4% today.
- Cantel Medical (CMN): CMN stock is up 1.2%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals (ALXN): ALXN stock is up 1.1% today.
- Insulet Corp (PODD): PODD stock is up 1.0% today.
- Wright Medical Group (WMGI): WMGI stock is up 1.0% today.
- Incyte Corp (INCY): INCY stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Heartware International (HTWR): HTWR stock is down 1.1% today.
- C.R. Bard (BCR): BCR stock is down 1.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Zimmer Holdings (ZMH): ZMH stock is down 1.1% today.
- Baxter International Inc (BAX): BAX stock is down 1.0% today.
- Smith & Nephew Snats (SNN): SNN stock is down 1.0% today.
- Ligand Pharmaceuticals Inc (LGND): LGND stock is down 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- West Pharmaceutical Services (WST): WST stock is down 0.9% today.
- Covidien Plc. (COV): COV stock is down 0.9% today.
- Medtronic Inc (MDT): MDT stock is down 0.8% today.
- Quest Diagnostics Inc (DGX): DGX stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.