Services stocks rose 0.7% on Wall Street on Thursday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.2%, the Nasdaq increased 0.3% and the S&P 500 rose 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Ctrip.Com International (CTRP): CTRP stock is up 7.4% today.
- Jack In The Box Inc (JACK): JACK stock is up 7.8% today.
- Kennedy-Wilson Holdings Inc (KW): KW stock is up 7.6% today.
- Nexstar Broadcasting Group (NXST): NXST stock is up 6.6% today.
- Etablissements Delhaize Freres (DEG): DEG stock is up 5.5% today.
- E-Commerce China Dangdang Inc (DANG): DANG stock is up 5.3% today and up 22.2% in the last month.
- Brinker International (EAT): EAT stock is up 4.8% today.
- US Ecology (ECOL): ECOL stock is up 4.1% today.
- Northstar Realty Finance (NRF): NRF stock is up 4.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Pennymac Mortgage Investment Trust (PMT): PMT stock is up 4.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Discovery Communications Inc (DISCA): DISCA stock is down 48.9% today and down 46.1% in the last month.
- Discovery Communications Inc (DISCK): DISCK stock is down 49.3% today and down 46.6% in the last month.
- Ann Inc (ANN): ANN stock is down 7.7% today.
- Booz Allen Hamilton Holding Corp (BAH): BAH stock is down 5.6% today.
- Melco Crown Entertainment Limited (MPEL): MPEL stock is down 4.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Core-Mark Holding Company (CORE): CORE stock is down 3.9% today.
- Scripps Networks Interactive Inc (SNI): SNI stock is down 3.2% today.
- Portugal Telecom Sgps S.A . (PT): PT stock is down 3.1% today and down 21.2% in the last month.
- Las Vegas Sands (LVS): LVS stock is down 2.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Chico’s Fas (CHS): CHS stock is down 2.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.