Services stocks rose 1.3% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 1.2%, the Nasdaq rose 0.7% and the S&P 500 was up 1.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- HFF Inc (HF): HF stock is up 4.9% today.
- Core-Mark Holding Company (CORE): CORE stock is up 4.7% today.
- Footlocker Inc (FL): FL stock is up 4.0% today.
- Aercap Holdings N.V. (AER): AER stock is up 3.9% today.
- Lowe’s Companies (LOW): LOW stock is up 3.8% today.
- Five Below Inc (FIVE): FIVE stock is up 3.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Melco Crown Entertainment Limited (MPEL): MPEL stock is up 3.4% today.
- Ross Stores (ROST): ROST stock is up 3.2% today.
- Carter’s Inc (CRI): CRI stock is up 3.2% today.
- Discovery Communications Inc (DISCA): DISCA stock is up 3.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Nortel Inversora Sa ADR (NTL): NTL stock is down 3.2% today.
- Apollo Group (APOL): APOL stock is down 1.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Philippine Long Distance Telephone (PHI): PHI stock is down 1.3% today.
- Frontier Communications Corp (FTR): FTR stock is down 1.2% today.
- Media General (MEG): MEG stock is down 1.2% today.
- Sk Telecom Corp (SKM): SKM stock is down 1.2% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Kennedy-Wilson Holdings Inc (KW): KW stock is down 1.1% today.
- BCE Inc (BCE): BCE stock is down 1.1% today.
- Newcastle Investment Corp (NCT): NCT stock is down 1.1% today.
- Level 3 Communications (LVLT): LVLT stock is down 1.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.