Transportation stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 1.2% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 0.7% and the S&P 500 rose 1.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Scorpio Tankers Inc (STNG): STNG stock is up 1.8% today.
- Delta Air Lines Inc (DAL): DAL stock is up 1.8% today.
- Allegiant Travel Company (ALGT): ALGT stock is up 1.7% today.
- Con-Way Inc (CNW): CNW stock is up 1.5% today.
- Heartland Express (HTLD): HTLD stock is up 1.5% today.
- J.B. Hunt Transport Services (JBHT): JBHT stock is up 1.5% today.
- Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC): NSC stock is up 1.4% today.
- Kirby Corp (KEX): KEX stock is up 1.4% today.
- Wabtec Corp (WAB): WAB stock is up 1.3% today.
- Teekay Shipping Corp (TK): TK stock is up 1.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Gol Linhas Aereas Inteligentes S.A. (GOL): GOL stock is down 0.5% today.
- Express-1 Expedited Solutions (XPO): XPO stock is down 0.4% today.
- Hub Group (HUBG): HUBG stock is down 0.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.